See the figure given below A, B, C. Answer the following questions.
- What differences do you find in the three figures?
- Identify the landforms formed due to erosion by glaciers.
- Where can U–shape valley be formed?
- In which region will deposition start?
- Identify the landforms formed by deposition by glaciers.
- Figure A shows the regions before the glacier-formed.
Figure B showed the regions covered by snow during glaciation.
Figure C shows different erosional and depositional features formed by glaciers after the glaciation period.
- Cirques, horn, U-shaped valleys, hanging valleys are formed due to erosion by glaciers.
- U- Shaped valley is formed in the pre-existing valley.
- Deposition starts generally along the side and front of the ice.
- Drumlins, eskers, moraines are the depositional features formed by glaciers.
Concept: Agents of Erosion and Landforms - Work of Glacier
Is there an error in this question or solution?