1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Read each statement below carefully and state with reasons, if it is true or false:
Three vectors not lying in a plane can never add up to give a null vector.
State, for each of the following physical quantities, if it is a scalar or a vector: volume, mass, speed, acceleration, density, number of moles, velocity, angular frequency, displacement, angular velocity.
Pick out the two scalar quantities in the following list: force, angular momentum, work, current, linear momentum, electric field, average velocity, magnetic moment, relative velocity.
On an open ground, a motorist follows a track that turns to his left by an angle of 60° after every 500 m. Starting from a given turn, specify the displacement of the motorist at the third, sixth and eighth turn. Compare the magnitude of the displacement with the total path length covered by the motorist in each case.
Read each statement below carefully and state, with reasons and examples, if it is true or false:
A scalar quantity is one that
(a) is conserved in a process
(b) can never take negative values
(c) must be dimensionless
(d) does not vary from one point to another in space
(e) has the same value for observers with different orientations of axes
A passenger arriving in a new town wishes to go from the station to a hotel located 10 km away on a straight road from the station. A dishonest cabman takes him along a circuitous path 23 km long and reaches the hotel in 28 min. What is (a) the average speed of the taxi, (b) the magnitude of average velocity? Are the two equal?
- Motion in plane part 12 (Position Vector and Displacement)
undefined video tutorial00:06:43
- Motion in plane part 9 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:11:24
- Motion in plane part 10 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:04:16
- Motion in plane part 11 (Position Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:07:55
- Motion in plane part 3 (Combination of Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:48
- Motion in plane part 2 (Combination of Scalar)
undefined video tutorial00:04:28
- Motion in plane part 8 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:14:34
- Physics Textbook for Class 11 Part 1