1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Read each statement below carefully and state with reasons, if it is true or false:
Three vectors not lying in a plane can never add up to give a null vector.
Establish the following vector inequalities geometrically or otherwise:
(a) |a + b| ≤ |a| + |b|
(b) |a + b| ≥ ||a| − |b||
(c) |a − b| ≤ |a| + |b|
(d) |a − b| ≥ ||a| − |b||
When does the equality sign above apply?
Pick out the two scalar quantities in the following list: force, angular momentum, work, current, linear momentum, electric field, average velocity, magnetic moment, relative velocity.
Can you associate vectors with (a) the length of a wire bent into a loop, (b) a plane area, (c) a sphere? Explain.
Three girls skating on a circular ice ground of radius 200 m start from a point Pon the edge of the ground and reach a point Qdiametrically opposite to P following different paths as shown in Figure. What is the magnitude of the displacement vector for each? For which girl is this equal to the actual length of the path skated?
State, for each of the following physical quantities, if it is a scalar or a vector: volume, mass, speed, acceleration, density, number of moles, velocity, angular frequency, displacement, angular velocity.
- Physics Textbook Part - 1 for Class - 11 - 11086
- Motion in plane part 1 (Introduction to Scalar and Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:00
- Motion in plane part 8 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:14:34
- Motion in plane part 12 (Position Vector and Displacement)
undefined video tutorial00:06:43
- Motion in plane part 2 (Combination of Scalar)
undefined video tutorial00:04:28
- Motion in plane part 3 (Combination of Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:48
- Motion in plane part 11 (Position Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:07:55
- Motion in plane part 10 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:04:16