1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Pick out the only vector quantity in the following list:
Temperature, pressure, impulse, time, power, total path length, energy, gravitational potential, coefficient of friction, charge.
Read each statement below carefully and state, with reasons and examples, if it is true or false:
A scalar quantity is one that
(a) is conserved in a process
(b) can never take negative values
(c) must be dimensionless
(d) does not vary from one point to another in space
(e) has the same value for observers with different orientations of axes
On an open ground, a motorist follows a track that turns to his left by an angle of 60° after every 500 m. Starting from a given turn, specify the displacement of the motorist at the third, sixth and eighth turn. Compare the magnitude of the displacement with the total path length covered by the motorist in each case.
A vector has magnitude and direction. Does it have a location in space? Can it vary with time? Will two equal vectors a and b at different locations in space necessarily have identical physical effects? Give examples in support of your answer.
State, for each of the following physical quantities, if it is a scalar or a vector: volume, mass, speed, acceleration, density, number of moles, velocity, angular frequency, displacement, angular velocity.
Read each statement below carefully and state with reasons, if it is true or false:
The magnitude of a vector is always a scalar
- Physics Textbook Part - 1 for Class - 11 - 11086
- Motion in plane part 1 (Introduction to Scalar and Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:00
- Motion in plane part 8 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:14:34
- Motion in plane part 12 (Position Vector and Displacement)
undefined video tutorial00:06:43
- Motion in plane part 2 (Combination of Scalar)
undefined video tutorial00:04:28
- Motion in plane part 3 (Combination of Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:48
- Motion in plane part 11 (Position Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:07:55
- Motion in plane part 10 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:04:16