1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
A passenger arriving in a new town wishes to go from the station to a hotel located 10 km away on a straight road from the station. A dishonest cabman takes him along a circuitous path 23 km long and reaches the hotel in 28 min. What is (a) the average speed of the taxi, (b) the magnitude of average velocity? Are the two equal?
On an open ground, a motorist follows a track that turns to his left by an angle of 60° after every 500 m. Starting from a given turn, specify the displacement of the motorist at the third, sixth and eighth turn. Compare the magnitude of the displacement with the total path length covered by the motorist in each case.
Read each statement below carefully and state with reasons, if it is true or false:
the average speed of a particle (defined as total path length divided by the time taken to cover the path) is either greater or equal to the magnitude of average velocity of the particle over the same interval of time
Pick out the only vector quantity in the following list:
Temperature, pressure, impulse, time, power, total path length, energy, gravitational potential, coefficient of friction, charge.
Three girls skating on a circular ice ground of radius 200 m start from a point Pon the edge of the ground and reach a point Qdiametrically opposite to P following different paths as shown in Figure. What is the magnitude of the displacement vector for each? For which girl is this equal to the actual length of the path skated?
- Motion in plane part 12 (Position Vector and Displacement)
undefined video tutorial00:06:43
- Motion in plane part 9 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:11:24
- Motion in plane part 10 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:04:16
- Motion in plane part 11 (Position Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:07:55
- Motion in plane part 3 (Combination of Vector)
undefined video tutorial00:11:48
- Motion in plane part 2 (Combination of Scalar)
undefined video tutorial00:04:28
- Motion in plane part 8 (Example Vectors)
undefined video tutorial00:14:34
- Physics Textbook for Class 11 Part 1