Analyse any three factors responsible for the European Union to be a highly influential regional organisation.
The EU has considerable political, military and diplomatic influence:-
- The EU with a GDP of over $12 trillion (2005) is the largest economy in the world.
- Its currency Euro can pose a serious threat to the hegemony of the US dollar.
- The EU’s share of world trade is three times bigger than that of the US.
- The economic power of the EU gives it power to influence its neighbours and Asian and African countries.
- France is a permanent member of the UNSC.
- Several non-permanent members of UNSC are also from the EU. This has enabled the EU to influence US policies such as the US position on Iran’s nuclear programme.
- The EU’s combined armed forces are the second largest in the world.
- Its total spending on defence is second after the US.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Rise of China as an Economic Power in Post - Maoera, Creation and Expansion of European Union, ASEAN
Solution for question: Analyse Any Three Factors Responsible for the European Union to Be a Highly Influential Regional Organisation. concept: Rise of China as an Economic Power in Post - Maoera, Creation and Expansion of European Union, ASEAN. For the courses CBSE (Commerce), CBSE (Science), CBSE (Arts)