Differentiate between the following:
Asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction.
- Asexual reproduction does not involve fusion of gametes.
- New individual is formed from a single parent.
- Offsprings are identical to the parents and show no variation.
- No fertilization takes place.
- It is generally found in lower organisms like bacteria, fungi, etc.
- It is a reproduction involving fusion of male and female gametes.
- New individual is formed from union of two parents.
- Variation occurs in the offspring.
- Fertilization takes place.
- It is found in higher organisms like flowering plants , vertebrates, etc.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Differentiate Between the Following: Asexual Reproduction and Sexual Reproduction. Concept: Reproductions in Plants Questions.