1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
'Two independent monochromatic sources of light cannot produce a sustained interference pattern'. Give reason.
Appears in these question papers
Two monochromatic rays of light are incident normally on the face AB of an isosceles right-angled prism ABC. The refractive indices of the glass prism for the two rays '1' and '2' are respectively 1.35 and 1.45. Trace the path of these rays after entering the prism.
Explain the following, giving reasons:
(i) When monochromatic light is incident on a surface separating two media, the reflected and refracted light both have the same frequency as the incident frequency.
(ii) When light travels from a rarer to a denser medium, the speed decreases. Does this decrease in speed imply a reduction in the energy carried by the wave?
(iii) In the wave picture of light, intensity of light is determined by the square of the amplitude of the wave. What determines the intensity in the photon picture of light?
Two monochromatic rays of light are incident normally on the face AB of an isosceles right-angled prism ABC. The refractive indices of the glass prism for the two rays '1' and '2' are respectively 1.3 and 1.5. Trace the path of these rays after entering the prism.
Monochromatic light of frequency 6.0 × 1014 Hz is produced by a laser. The power emitted is 2.0 × 10−3 W. Estimate the number of photons emitted per second on an average by the source
- NEET Preparation Guide
- Physics for NEET (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test) : Vol. 1
- 30 Days Crash Course for NEET - Physics
- Moderns Abc Of Objective Physics For Neet All Questions Of Neet 2016 Included Set Of 2 Vols
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET 2017 Physics - Postal Test series. Includes 30 Question Papers with detail Solution & 30 Practice OMR Sheets.