Read the graphs figure a and b and answer the following questions. Locate the places on the map:
- Name the months of highest and lowest rainfall.
- Name the months of highest and lowest temperatures. Relate them with rainfall months.
- Are the months of rainfall the same in both places? If not, why?
- What could be the factors which influence the climate of these places?
- What difference do you find between the previous and these graphs?
- Write a concluding statement about the climate of both places.
- In Brisbane, the highest rainfall occurs in the months of February, while the lowest rainfall is in the month of September. In Shanghai, June experiences the highest rainfall, while precipitation is lowest in December.
- In Brisbane's temperature is highest in January and the lowest in July, while Shanghai experiences the highest temperature in July and the lowest in January. In Brisbane, the temperature is highest in January whereas rainfall is highest in February and high in January, whereas, in Perth, July records the highest temperature, and June records the highest rainfall. Similarly, the temperature is least in January and rainfall is least in December.
- No, both places have rainfall in different months. This is probably because Brisbane is located in Southern Hemisphere. Brisbane is in the southeast corner of Queensland. The region is on the coastal plains, east of the Great Dividing Range. Shanghai is located in the Northern Hemisphere, located on the Yangtze River Delta on China's east coast, and has proximity to the Pacific Ocean via the East China Sea.
- Brisbane and Shanghai, both lie in the eastern parts of the southern and northern hemispheres respectively. Due to proximity to the coral sea of the Pacific Ocean and warm ocean current, Brisbane's overall temperature variability is somewhat less. Shanghai is located in the middle of China's east coast near the mouth of the River Yangtze to the North, the East china sea to the east, Hangzhou Bay to the south, and Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces to the west.
- The major difference between Mediterranean and China type is that the Mediterranean is found on the western margins of the continents while china type is found in the eastern parts almost in the same latitudes. In Mediterranean type winter rainfall is the characteristics feature, while china type experiences rainfall throughout the year.
- Both the places receive rainfall from convectional showers. Precipitation is year-round. In Brisbane, variation in the precipitation between driest and wettest months is 133 mm. During the year, average temperatures vary by 10.3°C.
Concept: Mid-latitude Regions - China Type Climate Or Humid Sub Tropical Climate
Is there an error in this question or solution?