Read the following passage and do the activities.
1. Write whether you ‘Agree’ or ‘Disagree’ with the statements: (2)
- To accomplish goals, experts recommend a ten-step approach.
- The champions have to have the skill and the will.
- For anyone, setting goal is not easy but challenging.
- If we do not take actions to achieve goals, we shall not achieve them.
Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. Successful professionals thrive in the same manner. We all have natural talents. If we use that talent to set our goals in life, we can easily get success in life. We shall not achieve our goals if we do not take action to achieve them.
Setting goals has two valuable assets - a sense of originality and a stepping stone to illuminate the path. Goals put one at the helm of life; pursuing them acknowledges a better future situation. They help to steer a course of life rather than simply drifting along and letting things happen.
Setting goals may appear easy, but, for some, it is quite challenging. Fear of failure may be avoided in the absence of any goals. After all, one has to decide what one wants to achieve in the end. To accomplish goals, experts recommend a five-step approach.
2. Complete the following web: (2)
3. Write the adjectives of the following: (2)
- success -________
- nature -________
4. Do as directed: (2)
- They have to have the skill and the will.
(Use ‘not only - but also’)
- We shall not achieve our goals. (Choose correct ‘Q-tag)
a. shall we?
b. shan’t we?
c. do we?
5. Write your any one goal and what do you do to achieve it? (2)
- success - Successful
- nature - Natural
- They not only have to have the skill but also the will.
- Shall we?
5. My goal in life is to become a doctor and I daily put in two hours of extra study for the same. I study Science books of higher levels during this time. I have fixed a schedule for each and every task that I do during the day. I am regular at school and I listen carefully to my teachers. I take part in all science-related activities not only at the school level but district level and state level.