Read the following map and answer the questions given below.
- Which means of transport are visible on the map?
- In which part of India is the density of railways more?
- Name five important ports and airports of India.
- Which parts of India have a sparse network of transport? What could be the reason?
- Write any one major port of western coast.
- The means of transport visible on the map are national highways and major ports.
- The density of railways is more in the northern plains area.
- Ports: Mumbai, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata
Airports: Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram
- a. North and some north eastern parts of India have a sparse network of transport.
b. This is because mountain areas, snow-covered mountains, areas with fear of mountain slides, and areas prone to earthquakes have a sparse network of transport. Moreover, the population is extremely less in these areas.
- Mumbai, Kochi (Cochin), Porbandar, Kandla are the major ports of western coast.
Concept: India Transport
Is there an error in this question or solution?