Read the following extract and answer the questions given below:
While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use,
But the children you love, you seem to abuse.
Look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers she brought for you.
She picked them herself, pink, yellow and blue.
She stood quietly not to spoil the surprise,
And you never saw the tears in her eyes."
(1) How did the mother deal with a stranger?
(2) What do you learn from this extract?
(3) Give the rhyming pairs of words from the extract. (Any two)
(4) Pick out the line from the extract suggesting the mother's
insensitive behavior towards her daughter.
(1) The mother used common courtesy with the stranger.
(2) We should love our beloved one. We should show common courtesy to the people we live with, our family, our children. Also, the extract teaches us to appreciate our children and never take them for granted.
(3) bed - said, floor - door, use - abuse, surprise - eyes.
But the children you love, you seem to abuse
And you never saw her tears in her eyes.