Read the following extract and answer the questions given below:
I celebrate the virtues and vices
of suburban middle-class people
who overwhelm the refrigerator
and position colourful umbrellas
near the garden that longs for a pool:
for my middle-class brother
this principle of supreme luxury:
what are you and what am I, and we go on deciding
the real truth in this world.
(1) Give a list of the objects of luxury as given in the extract.
(2) What is your idea about a Luxurious life?
(3) Give an example of a 'paradox' from the extract.
(4) This poem does not follow any fix-verse pattern (rhyme scheme). What type of poem is it?
(1) The refrigerator, colourful umbrellas and swimming pool.
(2) For me, luxury would be living in a home year-round that felt like a vacation home: beautiful view, unplugging from technology, easy access to recreation, spending time with my family, or not, as the day's hours seem blissfully long. Plus a nearby ice cream parlor.
(3) 'I celebrate the virtues and the vices'.
(4) It is a free verse or blank verse.