Read the passage and answer the questions below:
Party politics in India has confronted numerous challenges. Not only has the Congress system destroyed itself, but the fragmentation of the Congress coalition has triggered a new emphasis on self-representation which raises questions about the party system and its capacity to accommodate diverse interest,…. An important test facing the polity is to evolve a party system or political parties that can effectively articulate and aggregate a variety of interests. —Zoya Hasan
- Write a short note on what the author calls challenges of the party system in the light of what you have read in this chapter.
- Given an example from this chapter of the lack of accommodation and aggregation mentioned in this passage.
- Why is it necessary for parties to accommodate and aggregate variety of interests?
- The author calls challenges to coalition government as well as coalition in Congress party itself to trigger a new emphasis on self-representation.
- To unsolve a party system to accommodate diverse interests but the political parties formed under the leadership of Kanshi Ram for Dalits only.
- It is necessary for parties to accommodate and aggregate variety of interests to maintain the culture of India ‘Unity in Diversity’ so that there should be no space for separatist movements in India.