Read the following extract and answer the questions given below :
If you accept counsel without getting sore
And re-assess yourself in the light thereof
If you pledge not to be obstinate any more
And meet others without any frown or scoff.
You may be the person I am looking for.
If you have the will to live and courage to die
You are a beacon-light for people far and wide
If you ignore the j eers and, thus, expose the lie
' That virtue and success do not go side by side.'
You are the person I am looking for.
(1) What advice does the poet give us about the interaction with others? (1)
(2) According to you, how should you behave with your parents? (1)
(3) Name and explain the figure of speech in the following line : If you have the will to live and courage to die' (1)
(4) Pick out the words from the extract which indicate negative traits. (1)
(1) Ans. According to the poet, we should interact with others without any frown or scoff.
(2) Ans. We should always respect our parents and follow their advice as they are the one's who have given us life and parents will always give right advice & suggestions for their kids.
(3) Ans. Antithesis : Opposite words 'live ' & 'die ' are used in the sentence. Alliteration : Alphabet 'i' is repeated
(4) Ans. If you accept counsel without getting sore
If you pledge not to be obstinate any more.