Read the above passage carefully and answer the following questions:
The Naxalite Movement has used force to snatch land from the rich landowners and give it to the poor and the landless. Its supporters advocated the use of violent means to achieve their political goals. In spite of the use of preventive detention and other strong measures adopted by the West Bengal government..., the Naxalite Movement did not come to an end. In later years, it spread to many other parts of the country.
- Why did Naxalite prefer to use violence?
- Assess the positive role of the Naxalite Movement in spite of using violence?
- Suggest any two measures to contain this movement.
1. Naxalites prefer to use violent means to achieve their political goals.
2. The positive side of the Naxalite movement was that they used force to snatch land from the rich landowners and give it to the poor and the landless. This was specially done so that they could lead a normal life.
3. Two measures to contain the movement:-
- Basic rights should be provided to the backward class.
- Exploitation of lower sections of society should be banned.
- Government should follow constitutional norms while dealing with Naxalites.