Answer in Brief
Fill in the Blanks
Re-write the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
- As soon as we lit the candle, the power supply was restored.
(Begin: No sooner………. )
- The bee is more industrious than all other creatures.
(Use: ‘most industrious’)
- The old woman was too slow to catch the bus.
(Begin : The old woman was so……… )
- “I’ll do it tomorrow,” he promised.
(Rewrite in indirect speech)
- Though Reema got an expensive gift she was not happy.
(Begin: In spite of……… )
- I prefer reading a book to watching a movie.
(Begin: I would rather…….. )
- I have never seen Mr. Roy lose his temper.
(Begin: Never…….. )
- She found your keys in the garage.
(Begin: The keys……… )
- No sooner we lit the candle than the power supply was restored.
- The bee is one of the most industrious of all creatures.
- The old woman was so slow that she could not catch the bus.
- He promised to do it the next day.
- In spite of getting an expensive gift, Reema was not happy.
- I would rather read a book than watch a movie.
- Never have I seen Mr. Roy lose his temper.
- The keys were found in the garage.
Is there an error in this question or solution?