1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
A flower of tomato plant following the process of sexual reproduction produces 240 viable seeds.
Answer the following questions giving reasons :
(a) What is the minimum number of pollen grains that must have been involved in the pollination of its pistil?
(b) What would have been the minimum number of ovules present in the ovary?
(c) How many megaspore mother cells were involved?
(d) What is the minimum number of microspore mother cells involved in the above case?
(e) How many male gametes were involved in this case?
Appears in these question papers
(a) As a senior biology student you have been asked to demonstrate to the students of secondary level in your school, the procedure (s) that shall ensure cross – pollination in a hermaphrodite flower. List the different steps that you would suggest and provide reasons for each of the item.
(b) Draw a diagram of a section of a megasporangium of an angiosperm and label funiculus, Micropyle, embryosac and nuclleus.
If one can induce parthenocarpy through the application of growth substances, which fruits would you select to induce parthenocarpy and why?
- Pollen-Pistil interaction
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:11:59
- Insect/Animal pollination
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:09:21
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:12:58
- Pollinating agents: Wind, Water
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:11:29
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 2
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- Vastunishtha MoolBhoot Jeev Vigyan Part-2
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers Biology 1988 - 2016 (Hindi)
- ACE Biology for NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam Vol. 2 (class 12) 3rd Edition