A flower of tomato plant following the process of sexual reproduction produces 200 viable seeds.
Answer the following questions giving reasons :
(a) What would have been the minimum number of ovules present in pre-pollinated pistil ?
(b) How many microscope mother cells would minimally be required to produce requisite number of pollen grains ?
(c) How many pollen grains must have minimally pollinated the carple ?
(d) How many male gametes would have used to produce these 200 viable seeds ?
(e) How many megaspore mother cells were required in this process ?
Make a list of any three outbreeding devices that flowering plants have developed and explain how they help to encourage cross-pollination.
- Insect/Animal pollination
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:09:21
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:12:58
- Pollinating agents: Wind, Water
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:11:29
- Pollen-Pistil interaction
undefined Pre-fertilisation - Structures and Events video tutorial00:11:59
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- NEET 10 Practice Sets
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Test Series NEET - (UG) Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1