Prateek is working in a multi-national company in Noida. He was running temperature for the last many days. When his blood was tested, he was found positive for malaria. He was admitted in the hospital and a blood transfusion was advised by the doctors as his condition was very serious. One of his colleagues sent a text message to his superior 'Mr. B. Chatterjee'. Mr. B. Chatterjee, immediately sent a text message to the employees of the organisation requesting them to donate blood for Prateek. When the General Manager came to know about it he ordered for fumigation in the company premises and for cleaning the surroundings.
a. From the above para quote lines that indicate formal and informal communication.
b. State any two features of informal communication.
c. Identify any two values that are being communicated to the society in the above case.
a. The following lines from the paragraph highlight the use of informal communication in the organisation:
1. Colleague sent a text message to his immediate superior.
2. Mr B. Chatterjee sent a text message to employees of the organisation requesting them to donate blood.
Sending text messages is an informal means of communication.
The following line highlights the use of formal communication in the organisation:-
‘When the general manager came to know about it, he ordered fumigation in the company premises and cleanliness of surroundings.’
b. Two features of informal communication:-
1. It does not follow any specific formally determined path. It flows in all directions.
2. It is the result of personal contact among employees of an organisation.
c. Values of the organisation which society would monitor:-
1. Hygiene in the workplace for employees by the organisation.
2. Employee-centric policies of the organisation.