Population of Rajasthan = 570 lakhs and population of UP = 1660 lakhs.
Area of Rajasthan = 3 lakh km2 and area of UP = 2 lakh km2.
1) How many people are there per km2 in both these States?
2) Which State is less populated?
1) Population of Rajasthan in 3 km2 area = 570 lakh
Population of Rajasthan in 1 km2 area = `570/3` = 190 lakh
Population of U.P in 2 km2 area = 1660 lakh
Population of U.P in 1 km2 area = `1660/2` = 830 lakh
2) It can be observed that population per km2 area is lesser for Rajasthan. Therefore, Rajasthan is less populated.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Concept of Equivalent Ratios