Planning has vital importance in the management process.
This statement is True
- Planning is the most basic or primary function of management. It precedes other functions because a manager plans before he acts.
- Planning involves determining the objectives and selecting a course of action to achieve them.
- Planning enables an organisation to cope with uncertainty and change the identity threats and opportunities. It provides sense of direction as all human efforts are directed to achieve goals.
- Planning encourages innovation and creativity which are must for the growth and development of business.
- It helps in interrelating all the activities and resources of an organisation as activities and efforts of various departments and divisions can be co – ordinated and harmonized with the help of overall plan.
Concept: Management Functions
Is there an error in this question or solution?