Ms. Jayshree recently completed her Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management. A few months from now a large steel manufacturing company appointed her as its human resource manager. As of now, the company employs 800 persons and has an expansion plan in hand which may require another 200 persons for various types of additional requirements. Ms. Jayshree has been given complete charge of the company’s Human Resource Department.
a. Point out, what functions is she supposed to perform?
b. What problems do you foresee in her job?
c. What steps is she going to take to perform her job efficiently?
d. How significant is her role in the organisation?
a) Ms. Jayshree has to perform the following actions-
• Prepare Job description
• Arranging training programmes
• Providing good initiatives
• Managing the whole work of the organisation.
b) The problems that may occur are as follows:-
• Unavailability of good skilled workers
• Demand of the workers may rise up.
• Salary demand may increase
• Some workers may leave the organisation after some time.
c) Steps that she should take to perform the job effectively:-
• She should look for all possible sources of recruitment
• She should make attractive salary, policies and initiatives.
• She should consult the experts and look towards the policies of her rival organisation.
• She should instruct her subordinates to interact and help the new employee.
d) Ms. Jayshree is the Human Resource Manager of her company. It is her responsibility to see that the business expands and profit increase. She should also look forward to achieve all the goals and set new policies and targets. It is also her responsibility to maintain a healthy working environment in her organisation.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Concept of Staffing