|• The Bunsen burner broke last week. So we ordered a new one. (One= Bunsen burner)
• He eats a lot less than he once did. (Did=ate)
• The mother asked the daughter to tidy her room and she did so. (Did so=tidied her bed room)
• A: I don't think it'll rain tomorrow. B: I hope not (N ot=that it will not rain tomorrow)
• There are a number of books in the library. You should use some of these. (These= books)
• Unconventional sources of energy are becoming popular. Such sources help us to preserve our environment. (Such= unconventional sources of energy)
• 'Who ate all the rice?' 'I did.' (Did= ate all the rice)
• Govind was delighted with the exam results. So was Gafur. (So=delighted with the exam results)
Use any of the above types of substitution to improve the following
1.Flendian Whalers killed more minkes in 2010 than they killed in 2000.
2. The fishermen were condemned for catching so many small fish. They said they caught so many small fish because they had to earn a living.
3. The light racquet was ineffective but the heavy racquet was difficult to handle.
4. The rains are very unpredictable in Shillong. We were advised to come
prepared for rainy weather conditions.
5. Mr. Chopra entertained the guests very well. Mrs. Chopra also entertained the guests very well.
6. What is lying outside in the garden? It's one of the two umbrellas we bought yesterday. Didn't you see the umbrella in the lobby?
7. A: "lwon'tstayawayfromschool tomorrow."
B: "I should hope you will not stay away from school tomorrow."
- Flendian Whalers killed more minkes in 2010 than they did in 2000.
- The fishermen were condemned for catching so many small fish. They said they did so because they had to earn a living.
- The light racquet was ineffective but the heavy one was difficult to handle.
- The rains are very unpredictable in Shillong. We were advised to come prepared for them.
- Mr Chopra entertained the guests very well. So did Mrs Chopra.
- It’s one of the two umbrellas we bought yesterday. Didn’t you see the one in the lobby ?
- A: “I won’t stay away from school tomorrow.
B : “I should hope so.