Organic farmers prefer the biological control of diseases and pests to the use of chemicals for the same purpose. Justify
Organic farmers prefer the biological control of disease and pest over the use of chemicals and pesticides because
1) They do not kill the useful and harmful life forms indiscriminately.
2) They are not toxic to human beings.
3) The natural predator-prey relationship and food chains will not get distorted.
4) It is a non-polluting practice.
Chemical methods often kill both useful and harmful life forms indiscriminately. Eradication of the
creatures that are often described as pests in not only possible but also undesirable, for without them the beneficial predatory and parasitic insects which depend upon them as food or hosts would not be able to survive.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Microbes as Biocontrol Agents