Answer in Brief
Observe the given pictures and answer the questions.
- Identify the disasters shown in both pictures.
- Write their effects.
- Which primary precautions will you take in both situations?
a. Earthquake is shown in image ‘A’ and fire is shown in image ‘B’.
b. The effects of these disasters are loss of life, financial crisis, damage to property and mental stress.
In case of earthquake:
- Run for a safe exit and try to reach an open place away from buildings and tall trees.
- Avoid using elevators while exiting a building. Use staircase instead.
- If you are stuck in a room, take shelter under a hard surface, such as a table.
In case of fire:
- Use a fire extinguisher to put off the fire.
- Run towards a safe place away from the location of fire.
- While entering to the safe room, make sure that there is no fire in that room. You can do so by touching the door and feeling the heat on door before opening it.
- If there is lot of smoke, keep your head low to the ground to avoid excess inhalation of smoke.
- Call the fire brigade immediately.
- Also, if any person has suffered minor burns,
a. Wash the injured part with water or hold it under water.
b. Clean the wound with an antiseptic solution using a cotton swab and apply ointments that are specially prescribed for burns.
c. Cover the wound using dry dressing.
If a person has suffered major burns,
a. Use sterilized cloth to cover the wound.
b. Immediately remove jewellery, shoes, etc., from the body.
c. Do not touch or burst the blisters on the skin, remove the cloth stuck to the region of burnt skin.
Concept: Disaster Management
Is there an error in this question or solution?