Answer in Brief
Observe the following figure and answer the following.
- Due to which common characteristic the animals shown in the figure belong to the same phylum?
- The exoskeleton of these animals is made up of which chemical?
- Give another two examples of this phylum.
- The animals shown in the figure belong to the same phylum (Arthropoda) due to the following common characteristics:
i. They have jointed appendages, which is the characteristic feature of members belonging to phylum Arthropoda.
ii. Their body is triploblastic, eucoelomate, bilaterally symmetrical, segmented and divisible into head, thorax and abdomen.
iii. Their exoskeleton is chitinous.
- The exoskeleton of these animals is made up of chitin.
- Crab, spider, millipede, centipede, cockroach, honey bee, etc.
Concept: Non Chordates (Invertebrata) - Phylum: Arthropoda
Is there an error in this question or solution?