Observe the figure of neap tide and answer the following questions.
- Which phase of the moon does it show?
- What are the relative positions of the moon, the sun, and the earth?
- What effect will it have on the tides?
- The diagram shows a phase of the quarter moon.
- The relative positions of the moon, the sun, and the earth are such that the moon, the earth, and the sun make an angle of 90°.
- Such positions of the moon, the earth, and the sun will lead to neap tides.
Concept: Types of Tides - Neap Tide
Is there an error in this question or solution?