Observe the number line and answer the questions.
(1) Which number is indicated by point B?
(2) Which point indicates the number `1 3/4` ?
(3) State whether the statement, ‘the point D denotes the number `5/2`’ is true or false.
(1) We observe that each unit on the number line is divided into 4 equal parts.
Now, B is the tenth point on the left of 0.
So , B indicates `- 10/4` on the number line.
(2) `1 3/4 = 7/4 = 7 xx 1/4`
So , the seventh point on the right of 0 is C that indicates `1 3/4` on the number line.
(3) The point D is the tenth point on the right of 0. So, D indicates `10/4` on the number line.
Now , `10/4 = 5/2`
So , D denotes `5/2` on the number line . Hence , the given statement is true .