Answer in Brief
Read the extract and complete the following activities.
1. Write whether the following statements are True or False:
- The child wants to sow the seeds of moonlight behind his house.
- The whole village goes to the city daily to work.
- When the father returns home, the child is asleep.
- The route from the city to the village is full of light.
give me moonlight,
basketful or two baskets full,
with seeds of moonlight.
From the city to my village,
on the sides of the path
I want to sow many,
small, small moons of light.
The whole village goes to the city
daily to work.
It becomes dark on its way back
as my village is quite far.
The route is tough and full of
snakes and scorpions.
Neither bus nor cart plies.
When my father returns home
I am asleep.
2. Complete the web diagram:
|The child wishes to sow the seeds of moonlight because.........||____________|
3. Name the figure of speech from the line:
“O moon, give me moonlight,”
|The child wishes to sow the seeds of moonlight because.........||the way back home from the city to his village is dark and the path is really difficult as it is full of snakes and scorpions.|
|his father returns late from work and the child is asleep by then. He misses spending time with his father.|
3. Alliteration – The sound of ‘m’ has been repeated.
Concept: Basketful of Moonlight
Is there an error in this question or solution?