Notice these expressions in the text. Infer their meaning from the context.
- in great dread of
- counted on
- thumbed at the edges
- in unison
- a great bustle
- reproach ourselves with
- in great dread of – fearful in anticipation of something
- counted on – to rely or trust on somebody/something
- thumbed at the edges – worn or soiled edges caused by frequent handling
- in unison – something happening or being done at the same time
- a great bustle – an excited (and often noisy) activity or a rapid, active commotion
- reproach ourselves with – to express disapproval, criticism, or disappointment
Concept: Reading Skill (Textual)
Is there an error in this question or solution?