What is a Protocol ? Explain the concept of TCP/IP Protocol.
What do you mean by Protocol? Explain the concept of TCP/IP Protocol
(1) A protocol is defined as an agreement between communication particle for how communication should proceed.
Protocols are rules by which computers communicate i.e. protocol is set of rules and formats for sending and receiving data.
(2) Internet protocol are called TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) protocols. This protocol do not belong any one company and technology is available to everybody
(3) TCP/IP protocol use three types of addresses for network addressing
- Hardware or physical address is used by the data link and physical layers.
- Internet protocol address provides logical node identification. This address is the unique address assigned by administratory expressed in four parts dotted notation.
- Logical node names are easier to remember than an IP address.