Explain the process of sewage water treatment before it can be discharged into natural water bodies. Why is this treatment essential?
APPEARS IN THESE QUESTION PAPERS
Explain the process of secondary treatment given to the primary effluent up to the point it shows significant change in the level of biological oxygen demand (BOD) it.
Three water samples namely river water, untreated sewage water and secondary effluent discharged from a sewage treatment plant were subjected to BOD test. The samples were labelled A, B and C; but the laboratory attendant did not note which was which. The BOD values of the three samples A, B and C were recorded as 20mg/L, 8mg/L and 400mg/L, respectively. Which sample of the water is most polluted? Can you assign the correct label to each assuming the river water is relatively clean?
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- NEET 10 Practice Sets
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Test Series NEET - (UG) Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1