Mention two areas each of cooperation and disagreement between India and Bangladesh.
- Differences over the sharing of the Ganga and Brahmaputra river waters.
- Illegal immigration to India.
- Refusal to allow Indian troops to move through its territory.
- Not to export natural gas to India.
- Economic relations have been improved considerably within last ten years.
- Bangladesh is the part of India’s ‘Look East’ policy to link up with southeast Asia via Myanmar.
- Cooperated on the issues of disaster management and environment.
- Cooperation on identifying common threats and being more sensitive to each other’s needs.
Concept: India'S Relations with Its Neighbours
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- India'S Relations with Its Neighbours