Mention some of the recent agreements between India and Pakistan. Can we be sure that the two countries are well on their way to a friendly relationship?
Although Indo-Pakistan relations seem to be the story of endemic conflict and violence, there have been a series of efforts to manage tensions and build peace under the various agreements:
- Agreed to undertake confidence building measures to reduce the risk of war.
- Social activists and prominent personalities have collaborated to create an atmosphere of friendship.
- Leaders have met at summits to better understanding.
- Bus routes have been opened up between these two countries.
- Trade between the two parts of Punjab has increased substantially in the last five years.
- Visas have been given more easily. No, despite the above mentioned agreements and initiatives, we can not be sure that both the countries are well in their way to friendship, still some areas of conflict exist there to be sorted out,