Answer in Brief
Mention any five environmental acts and their action.
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010
- Biological Diversity Act, 2002
- The Environment (Protection) Act, 1986
- Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980
- Water (Prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1974
- Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
- Environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources.
- To provide for the conservation of biological diversity.
- Providing for the protection and improvement of the environment.
- Check deforestation and encourage afforestation of non-forest areas.
- Provides maintenance and restoration and quality of all types of surface and groundwater.
- Providing protection to wild animals and birds.
Concept: Environmental Policies in India
Is there an error in this question or solution?