What are characteristics of pteridophytes ?
Characteristics of pteridophytes (ferns) are :
- These are non-flowering plants which do not produce seeds.
- These plants grow in damp and shady areas.
- The leaves are feather like and called fronds. (Pteron means feather and phyton means plants). They are divided into leaflets.
- They reproduce through spores bom on the lower side of fronds in small rounded brown structures called sori.
- The plants either have underground stems called rhizome or stems above the ground.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution What Are Characteristics of Pteridophytes ? Concept: Meaning and Concept of Classification of Plant.