Answer in Brief
What were the achievements of Fascism under Mussolini?
- Mussolini wanted to make Italy a powerful nation. So he adopted various methods.
- He established peace and order. He provided a stable government.
- He brought order and discipline in the industrial field.
- For the welfare of the workers, he issued the “Charter of Labour”
- By this charter, industries were freed from the strike epidemic. He took several measures to increase production.
- Marshes were drained and canals were dug. Reclamation projects were launched.
- Hydroelectric schemes were undertaken.
- Railways and other means of transportation were improved.
- A fair degree of self-sufficiency was achieved.
- In 1929, Mussolini signed the Lateran Treaty with Pope. The 60 years of conflict between the Papacy and the Italian government came to an end by this treaty.
Concept: Rise of Fascism and Nazism
Is there an error in this question or solution?