1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
A biconvex lens with its two faces of equal radius of curvature R is made of a transparent medium of refractive index μ1. It is kept in contact with a medium of refractive index μ2 as shown in the figure.
(a) Find the equivalent focal length of the combination.
(b) Obtain the condition when this combination acts as a diverging lens.
(c) Draw the ray diagram for the case μ1 > (μ2 + 1) / 2, when the object is kept far away from the lens. Point out the nature of the image formed by the system.
Appears in these question papers
A biconvex lens made of a transparent material of refractive index 1.5 is immersed in water of refractive index 1.33. Will the lens behave as a converging or a diverging lens? Give reason.
- NEET Preparation Guide
- Physics for NEET (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test) : Vol. 1
- 30 Days Crash Course for NEET - Physics
- Moderns Abc Of Objective Physics For Neet All Questions Of Neet 2016 Included Set Of 2 Vols
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET 2017 Physics - Postal Test series. Includes 30 Question Papers with detail Solution & 30 Practice OMR Sheets.
- Ray Optics part 33 (Magnification of lens)
undefined video tutorial00:01:45