Look at the pictures of people talking to each other. With your partners, discuss what they are telling each other. Share your ideas with the class.
Merely guess work. Meant for discussion at class level. One version of the answer is given below :
1. (a), (b) The boy is smiling at seeing the hot eatables as he is hungry.
He asks his mother, “Mother, yummy, give me these at once”.
The mother says, “Wait, darling, let me put these on the table”.
2. (c), (d) The boy sitting to the left says, “Let me drink the water first”.
The boy looking at him says, “Leave some water for me. Don’t drink the whole of it”.
3. (e), (f) The man holding the little girl, “Look straight and balance yourself’.
The girl replies, “Yes dad, I am trying. See I am moving the cycle slowly”.
4. (g), (h) Mother tells her daughter, “Look here, darling. You have to draw the picture like this”.
Daughter says, ‘Yes, mom, I am trying to do like this”.
5. (i),(j) The policeman to the boy driver, “Hold, show me the driving licence”.
Boy driver (flustered), ‘Yes, yes sir, here it is”.
6. (k), (l) The TV mechanic (confused) says, “I have done my best to see the fault in your television…”.
The man (showing his anger) says, ‘You can’t go till you set my television in order”.