Look at the figures above and answer the following questions:
(1) In fig B, on which side of the mountain is it raining more?
(2) Shade the rain shadow region in fig B and name it.
(3) What is the difference between A and C?
(4) Stormy winds and floods are associated with which rainfall type?
(5) What type of rainfall occurs in Singapore?
1) From the given figure it is understood that it is raining more on the right side of the mountain. The windward side of the mountains gets more rain.
3) Fig A shows Convectional Rainfall whereas the Fig C shows Cyclonic rainfall.
4) Cyclonic rainfall are associated with Stormy winds and floods.
5) Singapore experiences Convectional rainfall.