Look at these sentences.
- Deserts are the driest places on earth.
- Gerbils spend the hottest part of the day in cool underground burrows.
Now form pairs. Ask questions using a suitable form of the word in brackets. Try to answer the questions too.
Do you know
1. Which animal is the _______________________ (tall)?
2. Which animal runs the _______________________ (fast)?
3. Which place on earth is the _______________________ (hot) or the _______________________ (cold)?
4. Which animal is the _______________________ (large)?
5. Which is the ————————————— (tall) mountain in the world?
6. Which is the _______________________ (rainy) place on earth?
7. Which is the ________________________ (old) living animal?
Can you add some questions of your own?
1. The giraffe is the tallest animal.
2. Leopard runs the fastest.
3. Aziza Libya is the hottest and the Verkhoyansk (Russia is the coldest).
4. The blue whale is the largest animal.
5. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world.
6. Mawsynram (Meghalaya) is the rainiest place on earth.
7. The giant tortoise is the oldest living animal.