Answer in Brief
List the uses of bacteria in the food industry.
The bacterial action is involved in the following industrial processes.
- In the manufacture of vinegar, butter and cheese.
- The process of tanning hides in leather making and preparing sponges.
- The separation of flax and hemp fibres which are used for making linen cloth and ropes.
- Fermentation of green plants for the production of ensilage for animal food.
- Bacteria are used for forming lactic acid, vinegar, citric acid, and vitamins.
- For formation of antibiotics, serums and vaccines, vitamin B complex.
Concept: Bacteria: Uses of Bacteria in Food Industry.
Is there an error in this question or solution?