Answer the following question.
List four precautions which a student should observe while determining the focal length of a given convex lens by obtaining an image of a distant object on a screen.
Following are the precautions while making the image by the help of convex lens:
1) Fix the convex lens vertically in the lens holder.
2) The base of the lens and white screen should be in a line with the measuring scale.
3) Record the position of the lens and screen only when a well-defined sharp image is formed.
4) There should not be an obstacle in the path of the convex lens.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Refraction of Light - Convex Lens