List four measures that can be taken to conserve forests.
Suggest some approaches towards the conservation of forests.
Following measures can be taken to conserve forests:-
- People participation, public-private partnership (PPP), joint forest management, etc. are some of the methods that can be implemented in various eco-fragile areas.
- With the continuous logging of trees taking place, the most valuable forests, including stream-side buffer strips and the prime wildlife habitats, need to be protected at the same time.
- One can go for shelter wood harvesting, strip cutting and selective cutting as alternatives for clear cutting of forests.
- Emphasis should also be made on forest fire management, ecosystem management, wildlife management and tourism management.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Natural Resources - Forests and Wild Life - Sustainable Management