1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
(i) Derive the mathematical relation between refractive indices n1 and n2 of two radii and radius of curvature R for refraction at a convex spherical surface. Consider the object to be a point since lying on the principle axis in rarer medium of refractive index n1 and a real image formed in the denser medium of refractive index n2. Hence, derive lens maker's formula.
(ii) Light from a point source in air falls on a convex spherical glass surface of refractive index 1.5 and radius of curvature 20 cm. The distance of light source from the glass surface is 100 cm. At what position is the image formed?
Appears in these question papers
A point object 'O' is kept in a medium of refractive index n1 in front of a convex spherical surface of radius of curvature R which separates the second medium of refractive index n2 from the first one, as shown in the figure
Draw the ray diagram showing the image formation and deduce the relationship between the object distance and the image distance in terms of n1, n2 and R.
When the image formed above acts as a virtual object for a concave spherical surface separatig the medium n2 from n1 (n2 > n1), draw this ray diagram and write the similar (similar to (a)) relation. Hence obtain the expression for the lens maker's formula.
- NEET Preparation Guide
- Physics for NEET (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test) : Vol. 1
- 30 Days Crash Course for NEET - Physics
- Moderns Abc Of Objective Physics For Neet All Questions Of Neet 2016 Included Set Of 2 Vols
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET 2017 Physics - Postal Test series. Includes 30 Question Papers with detail Solution & 30 Practice OMR Sheets.
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments Part 9
undefined video tutorial00:53:03