State any four assumptions of kinetic theory of gases.
a) A gas consists of very large number of extremely small particles known as molecules.
b) The intermolecular force of attraction between gas molecules are negligible.
c) Molecules are always in the state of random motion, i.e., they are moving in all possible directions with all possible velocities. This state is called molecular chaos
d) Between any two successive collisions, a molecule travels in a straight line with constant velocity. It is called free path.
- The gas made up of small particle called the molecule.
- They are very small, spherical, rigid and elastic.
- They move in random motion
- They collide each other and container of wall, collision is perfectly elastic
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Kinetic Theory of Gases- Assumptions