Give the symptoms of typhoid fever and draw a labelled diagram of its causal organism.
- Characteristic symptom is slowly progressing fever as high as 40°C or 104° F, profuse sweating and gastroenteritis.
- Headache, general weakness is common among the patients.
- Abdominal pain with either constipation or diarrhoea.
- Leukopenia, eosinopenia and relative lymphocytosis is observed.
- Bradycardia (slow heart rate) in 1st week of infection.
- In some cases, in the 2nd week, a rash of flat, rose coloured spots called “rose spots” appear on the front of the chest.
- Ulceration of intestine, lesion of intestinal mucosa and haemorrhage, delusion and confusion are also possible in 3rd week.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Introduction of Human Health and Diseases
Solution Give the Symptoms of Typhoid Fever and Draw a Labelled Diagram of Its Causal Organism. Concept: Introduction of Human Health and Diseases.