In groups, work on one of the topics mentioned in 8(a)-(g). Research your topic by collecting relevant articles from the print and electronic media (like the National Geographic). Make a power point presentation of 10-12 minutes. You can also use film clippings to enrich your presentation.
(a) SOLAR MISSION
1) To promote the use of solar energy through solar photovoltaic and thermal systems for power generation .
2) To integrate other renewable energy technologies like biomass and wind.
(b) ENERGY EFFICIENCY
1) To mitigate GHG through sector-specific and cross-cutting technology and fuel switch options.
2) To use more LNG and biomass fuels besides seeking tech transfer.
(c) SUSTAINABLE HABITAT
1) To promote energy efficiency in the residential and commercial sectors through LPG use.
2) To manage municipal solid waste and urban public transport in a better way.
(d) WATER MISSION
1) To promote efficient water use, augment supply in critical areas and ensure effective management of water resources.
2) To have better management of surface and groundwater,and conserve wetlands.
(e) SUSTAINING HIMALAYAS
1) To enhance monitoring and conservation of the Himalayan ecosystems, empower local communities for management of ecological resources and promote sustainable tourism.
(f) GREEN INDIA
1) To reduce fragmentation of forests, enhance public and private investments for plantation, upscale joint forestry management and promote conservation of biodiversity. Need to afforest degraded lands.
(g) SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE :
1) To focus on four crucial areas - dry land agriculture, risk management, access to information and promoting the use of biotechnology.
2) To develop drought and pest resistant varieties.