If the Soviet Union had not disintegrated and the world had remained bipolar, how would that situation have affected the world politics?
Had the Soviet Union not disintegrated, it would have definitely affected the developments in the last 20 years in the following manner:-
- There would not have been an end to the Cold War confrontations and United States would not have become the only superpower of the world.
- There would have been a continuous accumulation of nuclear weapons till date.
- The world would have headed towards a Third World War which could be much more devastating and destructive.
- Most of the countries which were part of erstwhile USSR would never have got independence.
- Most former Soviet Republics which are passing through conflicts and civil wars would not have gone through this agony.
- USA, the only superpower left, would not have dared attack Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Many international problems such as terrorism and neo-colonialism would have been jointly tackled by both superpowers.
Concept: Disintegration of the Soviet Union and Its Impact Or Consequences on the World Order
Is there an error in this question or solution?