Identify the following diagram, label it and write detail information in your words:
- Paramoecium is the organism shown.
- It is a member of the Kingdom Protista. It is a Protista that looks like an animal. Because cilia are used for locomotion, hence referred to as ciliate protozoans.
- On the cell surface, there is a gullet that opens.
- There are two nuclei present, one larger called the macronucleus and one smaller called the micronucleus.
- Osmoregulation is helped by the presence of large contractile vacuoles.
Concept: Salient Features of Five Kingdoms
Is there an error in this question or solution?